Thursday, October 1, 2009

Big disappointment

After seeing commercials advertised for the "Big Hardee", I decided to try it. Now I am a fan of Hardee's angus burgers, as they are big sandwiches and tastes like what a real burger should be. Hardee's made this burger to compete with the McDonald's Big Mac.

As I made my order for the Big Hardee, I noticed on the board that it was made with 3 patties, so I was anticipating a surprise in size, thinking, "Wow! The burger alone might be quite filling." As the young lady brought me my food, I immediately was in shock. The burger was tiny! In prospective, my girlfriend had ordered the big chicken filet, and that thing dwarfed the almighty Big Hardee. This burger was so small, it easily fit in my hand as if I was about to eat a White Castle/Krystal burger. The 3 meat patties were very small and thin. Taste wise, it was passable, it was not loaded down with sauce, and it was not very greasy at all. Overall I give this sandwich an 5 out of 10.

With that I decided to head next door to McDonald's for size comparison. The moment I opened the box and took the sandwich in my hand, in utter failure to Hardee's, the Big Mac was indeed bigger. The meat was thicker, and it didn't fit into my hand as easily as the Big Hardee.

Today was a major disappointment to a chain that has prided itself to bigger sandwiches over its more popular competitors. In the fight of the bigger sandwich, the Big Mac wins over the Big Hardee.

No comments:

Post a Comment