Saturday, October 3, 2009

Five Guys......best chain joint?

Admittedly when I first heard the name of this place about two years ago, I had seriously thought it was a gay bar or something. To my relief it was a burger joint, and man let me tell you a great burger joint at that. Even when I found out it was a joint, I didn't go there until not too long ago.

Its one of those places that seems to go a bit retro in look. One of the few surprises there is that the menu is very small. You have choices of hamburgers and hot dogs, with fries, well you have to order the fries separately. What it makes up with a small menu is tons of choices for your burger. Let me tell you first off, and that is all the toppings are free! No extra charge, superb! Whats also great is that if you have two people and I am not kidding here, its that a large fry will more than enough serve two people. See the thing is, when you get your food it comes in a large brown bag, now they take their fries and put it in a large cup, but they overfill it so much that there are a ton of fries in the bag!

Now let me tell you about taste. Its fantastic, it really feels like you did this at your own backyard grill, except that you actually perfected it. Its not a wimpy size burger at all either, for the regular hamburger you get two patties, and the small hamburger is a single patty, but nonetheless its a decent sized burger, and top that with all the toppings and its huge. But unfortunately thats where a con lies with this. The people who make it really do not uniform the burger nicely, so you are left with a ton of napkin usage and a messy face. Since I am on the topic of cons, there is one other, and that is you can make a lot of selections for toppings for this burger, but theres only one selection of cheese! I kinda wish you could add like swiss or provolone, but they really are not as significant to me.

Mcdonalds, Burger King, Hardees, Wendys, have their bright spots, but sometimes being a jack of all trades can actually hurt, stick with the basics and try and perfect it! I give Five Guys an 8 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment