Tuesday, October 6, 2009

National Health Care

As the title of my blogs indicate, I follow politics. After the first three being food related posts, its time to get some politics in here. I am a Moderate Conservative, but have lately been drawn to becoming an Independent as I have lost a lot of faith in my Republican Party. Aside from all that mumbo jumbo, this country has a vote that I believe will transform America as we know it.

First off, the popular question should be asked, does everyone have a right at affordable healthcare? Not everyone here can be healthy as an Ox, with the food industry cramming crap into our bodies that are not healthy at all, with a lot more entertainment that keeps us from our daily exercise and illness like the flu and H1N1 spreading about, I think every citizen deserve healthcare, but the problem is, do we trust our government with such the task?

This is not easy, but if you follow politics closely there are two ways of looking at this. On the left (democrats) its worrisome cause this can decide the congress and the presidential elections in 2010 and 2012. President Obama better live up to the words he enacted on national television and if there are any hidden agendas and or lies in his bill, then the nay sayers will have a field day with this, and thus increasing his chances of losing in the elections. I would hope the left would be smart and not try to trick anyone. If you are the right (republicans) why fight it so much? If you are very convinced the President lied and will not follow through with his promises let him fail then. If he does good, and follows through, then at least Americans can be properly insured and then the attitude towards the government will be more positive, I mean they do want healthy people right???? This is exactly why we need more bi partisan people in congress, work for the people, not spew nonsenese at each other for the sake of winning elections.

My take on this situation is exactly how I explained above. I must wait and see what happens first before I cast any sort of judgement on this issue. If it fails and he does not deliver, he probably loses the election, if it goes well, then I at least know I can get healthcare. I am trying to see this at middle of the road. I personally would not think Obama would want to be ousted by 2012, so this in theory ought to work, but theories can and are a lot of times wrong. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Will we have National Health Care like the Cubans, or can the US step up to the plate and actually show the world how its done?

No comments:

Post a Comment