Saturday, October 3, 2009

Favorite dish......Chicken Adobo!

Seriously, a year ago if you were to ask me what was my favorite food, I might have answered with the usual, "pizza" chicken wings" hamburgers" and so on. I did not have a clear cut favorite, that is until I had some chicken adobo. What is this you might ask? Well let me tell you from the start, its a Filipino dish. I am one to not have had a lot of Filipino food, so at first I was a bit concerned about this.

Whats in this dish? The dish calls for either chicken or pork as your meat. For the chicken, you can use any part of the bird, its all good. Using ingredients such as garlic, ginger root, paprika, bay leaf, chili peppers (not a lot) followed by soy sauce, and then apple cider vinegar, in a huge pot let it get to a boil then let it simmer for 30 minutes, and then you got yourself a wonder tender juicy full of flavor chicken that will just leave you (well at least me) in food paradise. With white rice to give the chicken a bed to lay on and then the rice soaks up the flavor, it presents a wonderful combination that beats any dish to this day.

I can proudly call this dish my favorite, thank you Heather for introducing me to this. I can finally answer one of lifes most difficult questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment